At the Gospel Hall you will find a group of people who have a personal faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
We believe that He died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins, and that He rose from the dead and is alive today. So we have the great privilege of His company and friendship every day, and the sure hope of being with Him in heaven after our lives on earth are over. This is not something we deserve or have worked for. It is a gift we have received by faith in Christ.
He has changed our lives from loving our sin and loving ourselves - to loving Him. We have found something, or rather Someone, to give us real and lasting joy, not only in this world but also into the world to come. In other words, we have been saved by His grace (Ephesians 2.8).
Can we ask if you have anything like this? Where will you be when your life on earth is over? Where will you spend eternity?
What we believe
We believe that:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. We base our personal lives and our church practices upon what it teaches (2 Timothy 3.16).
- God is almighty and eternal, the Creator of all things, known in three equal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Trinity (2 Corinthians 13.14).
- God is perfectly holy and righteous, and at the same time loves each person on earth. (John 3.16)
- Jesus Christ is God manifest in flesh, born of a virgin, lived a perfect sinless life, and was crucified at Calvary (1 Timothy 3.16)
- He died as a sacrifice for sin so that sinners could be saved and receive forgiveness and eternal life (Hebrews 10.12).
- He rose from the dead in bodily form and returned to heaven where He is today (1 Corinthians 15.3-8).
- Everyone is a sinner and needs salvation (Acts 4.12).
- Salvation is not obtained by church membership, good works or ceremonies of any kind, but by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2.8-9).
- When someone is saved in this way they become a child of God by being "born again" (1 Peter 1.23).
- The church which is the body of Christ began with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost and includes every born again believer (Acts 2.1-3; 1 Corinthians 12.13).
- The local church comprises believers who have been baptised by immersion, gathering to the name of the Lord Jesus, and accepting all that the Bible teaches for what is believed and practised (Acts 2.42).
- The local church is led and guided by elders who are "examples to" but not "lords over" the congregation (1 Peter 5.3).
- The local church is independent of any outside governing body, being answerable to the Lord alone (Hebrews 13.17).
- The Holy Spirit dwells within every believer (Romans 8.9), and enables all service and worship in the church.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is coming again; first to receive his church into heaven, then to set up His kingdom and reign on earth (1 Thessalonians 4.13-18).
- Everyone who has rejected God's offer of salvation will be judged at God's Great White Throne and be eternally punished in the lake of fire (Revelation 20.11-15).
- God wants all to be saved and not to perish. This is why He gave His Son to pay the ransom price for sin by His own blood shed on the cross (1 Timothy 2.4-6; 1 Peter 1.18-21).